WEEKEND BLACK TYPE WINNERS
Monday, 9 December 2013: It was a big weekend for Magic Millions graduates in black type races around Australia on December 7.
* Conservatorium ($50,000 at 2009 Gold Coast Yearling Sale - Emerald Thoroughbreds to Kennewell Racing) led home a Magic Millions quinella in the Group Three AJ Scahill Stakes (1400m) at Ascot.
In notching another feature race success, the well travelled galloper sent his earnings soaring to over $770,000, a great return considering he was a $40,000 National Sale weanling before being purchased by the Kennewell Racing team for $50,000 at the 2009 Gold Coast Yearling Sale.
Conservatorium is trained in Adelaide by Gary Kennewell and is raced by Perth's Guagliardo family.
The dam of Conservatorium, the stakes performed Belong to Me mare Belong to Madam, is now in Western Australia after being purchased by Gervase Park Stud at the National Broodmare Sale.
* Newton Prince ($3,000 at 2012 Perth Yearling Sale - Scenic Lodge to Nigel Surman) continued his progression through racing's grades with an impressive win in the listed Aquanita Stakes at Ascot.
A $3000 bargain buy from the Perth Yearling Sale, Newton Prince cruised home to beat Balmont Girl and Vital Edition and delight winning trainer Ben Pearce.
One of two Perth winners for the lightly raced and well related Blackfriars mare Newton Bewley, Newton Prince has earned over $108,000 from just five starts.
Newton Prince is closely relaed to former star Perth sprinter Universal Ruler, a six time winner who is a half sister to his dam Newton Bewley. Universal Ruler and Newton Prince's dam share Scenic as their sire.
* Petrol Power ($240,000 at 2012 Perth Yearling Sale - Oakland Park Stud to Damien Wyer Racing) notched career stakes win three when he scored a classy win in the Group Three Sir Ernest Lee-Steere Classic at Ascot.
The sale topper at the 2012 Perth Yearling Sale, Petrol Power packed too many guns for his rivals and got to the line a half length clear of the Dan Morton trained stablemates Shades of Rio and Moet Me.
An Oakland Park Stud graduate purchased by Damien Wyer, Petrol Power is one of two stakes performed produced by the well related but unraced mare Diamonds And Dust.
Also the dam of the stakes performed Darrange, Diamonds and Dust is a half sister to stakes performers Burrito and Amah Dramas as well as the dams of group winners Posadas, Collate and Direct Charge.
* Lucky Hussler ($100,000 at 2011 Gold Coast Yearling Sale - Monarch Stud to Valley View Heights Management Pty Ltd) looks on track for a tilt at the Magic Millions Cup following his win in Satuday's Group Three George Moore Stakes at Doomben.
A close relation to former Horse of the Year Weekend Hussler, Lucky Hussler led home a Magic Millions first four in the Brisbane feature with Morning Captain second and Startsmeup third in a busy finish.
By leading Patinack Farm based sire Husson, Lucky Hussler is from the Adelaide winning Black Hawk mare Talaq Dancer.
Talaq Dancer is a half sister to the 12 time winner and $3 million earned Weekend Hussler, who is by Hussonet, the sire of Lucky Hussler's sire Husson.
* Knightlike ($8,000 at 2013 Perth Autumn Thoroughbred Sale - Peters Investments Pty Ltd to Joshua Dunn) will be set for the $500,000 Perth Cup on New Year's Day after scoring a milestone win in the listed GA Towton Cup at Ascot.
Purchased earlier this year for just $8,000 by owner Joshua Dunn, Knightlike became the first ever winner for his trainer Jemma Hayman when the gelding powered home to win stylishly.
By Rocket Man's sire Viscount, Knightlike is a son of the group performed and eight time winning Scenic mare Academy Girl - she in turn is a daughter of the four time group winner Tarare.
* Enquare ($45,000 at 2012 Gold Coast Yearling Sale - Southern Cross Breeders to McLachlan Place Racing Stables) led home a Magic Millions trifecta result when she won the listed Mode Plate at Doomben.
A member of the Jason McLachlan stable, Enquare finished too well for her rivals to beat Splendora and Missy Longstocking in a classy performance.
Enquare carries the familiar Slade Bloodstock colours and is being aimed at the $1 million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas next month - out to emulate her stablemate and fellow Slade graduate Saluter who won the 2013 edition of the race.
One of 20 stakes winners for Magic Millions graduate and Golden Slipper winner Stratum, Enquare is one of three winners for the 100 per cent winner producer Skewiff, a stakes winner, winner of 12 and earner of over half a million dollars.
* Rose Of Choice (P$57,500 at 2011 Perth Yearling Sale - Alwyn Park Stud, Reserve $60,000) scored a valuable maiden stakes success when she scored a solid win in the listed Jungle Dawn Classic at Ascot.
Under the urgings of Peter Hall, the Bruce Watkins and Gary Hitchcock prepared mare, led home Red Hot Sax in a Magic Millions quinella in the feature fillies and mares event.
Now an earner of over $200,000 and an all important stakes winner, Rose of Choice is from the Sydney winning Fusaichi Pegasus mare Danpegi.
Danpegi is a daughter of the Summoned Stakes winner Rose of Dane, thus making her a half sister to Group Two Western Australian Guineas runner-up Lauradane.
* Addiction To Rock ($40,000 at 2009 Gold Coast Yearling Sale - Goodwood Farm to Hancock Quality Bloodstock) broke through for a deserved stakes victory when he steamed home to win the listed City of Marion Stakes at Morphettville.
Addiction to Rock is one of four winners and the first stakes winner for former quality Adelaide racemare Bellediction.
A daughter of former leading SA sire Blevic, Bellediction won four races before retiring to stud, headlined by success in the listed Morphettville Guineas.